The personal information that you provide in the course of your relationship with us is collected for the purpose of providing you the requested services.
Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose, except with your consent, or as required by law. Your personal information will not be shared or disclosed to any other person or organization, except as may be necessary to provide the services to you and only to those who need to know that information or as otherwise authorized by you, where required by law or where necessary to take precautions against liability.
We take appropriate security and other measures to preserve the confidentiality of your personal information and to ensure that it is used for the intended purposes. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of purpose(s) for which the information was provided.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or if we sell a part of our business, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the personal information that we have collected from you as part of such merger, sale or other change of control.
By supplying your personal information to us or using our services, you are indicating that you consent to the terms of this policy.
Our Privacy Commitment
This Policy applies to our retail stores, our Web Sites, and all other channels in which CARE collects and uses your personal information.
What information does Canadian Appliance Recycling Enterprise collect?
At Canadian Appliance Recycling Enterprise, we collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information – e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences – e.g., product wish lists, language preferences, and marketing consent; and
- your transaction information – e.g., products purchased, method of payment, amount paid. (Credit or debit card numbers are not collected).
Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example:
- we may ask you for your postal code to assist us with planning our flyer distribution;
- we may collect certain non-personal data when you visit our Web Sites, such as the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or
- we may collect and summarize customer information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes. We may, for example, summarize our data to determine that a certain percentage of contest entrants are male, aged 18 to 25.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service, or information that you requested.